We provide SME clients with innovative solutions in the office environment by implementing centrally powered thin client devices that provide the users with a desktop experience equal to what a typical PC would give, but without the disadvantages thereof.
- Freedom from practically all malware, virusses, et al
- Low maintenance and centralised administration
- Low power consumption with all hardware being fully protected by online UPS power
- Remote desktop support for all users when needed
- Local printers, flashdrives, etc may be allowed or disallowed per station
- Back-in-time backups
- Users typically can’t install their own software without administrator intervention, so power users may be more suitably issued with a notebook computer
The system typically consists of:
- A server (preferable an IBM X series server with redundant power supplies, hard disk, dual CPU and integrated remote management)
- A UPS (with extended units to increase capacity as needed)
- A managed network switch (or multiple, depending on the size of the network)
- PoE hardware and 12V splitters for the client end)
- Nohrtec Surfboards or Norhtec Microclient Jr
- Samsung 18.5″ LED low power displays or larger
- Ubuntu Server with LTSP,
- Firewall protection with IP tables or a full implementation of a PFSense firewall
- NX Server for remote users
- Wireless access for notebooks, tablets and smartphones.
- Applications (LibreOffice, Chromium, Thunderbird, PDF Editor, Dia and more as required)
- We can implement MS Office in a Crossover implementation for clients where it may be required for some reason.
- The hardware is typically housed in a floorstanding cabinet that can be located anywhere in the office.
- Norhtec Surfboard or Norhtec MicroClient Jr
- IBM x3550M4 X-Series Servers
- Samsung LED monitors
- Meissner 9125 Series UPS
- AdlerRack 10U floorstanding Cabinet
Please contact us for pricing or consultation.